Grab website code?

tlarkin

VIP Member
Luckily no one in our po-dunk town knows how to do that ;)

that and the view source doesn't always display every line of code, where as wget -m mirrors the entire contents of that page, with all the code, including css and everything. It is an exact mirror image of the page. So depending on what you are trying to accomplish depends on how you go about accomplishing it.

massahwahl

VIP Member
that and the view source doesn't always display every line of code, where as wget -m mirrors the entire contents of that page, with all the code, including css and everything. It is an exact mirror image of the page. So depending on what you are trying to accomplish depends on how you go about accomplishing it.

Im still going to try the ubuntu route once I get it installed correctly. The IE way gives me an overview of the script he used though.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Im still going to try the ubuntu route once I get it installed correctly. The IE way gives me an overview of the script he used though.

well if you are truly interested in web development wget is a really powerful and awesome tool for you to use. I recommend at least tinkering with it.