graphic laggin

Mulak

hey y'all

i played a video clip and its laggin and also sometime it stop at one frame for a few seconds or so and shift to the time of the clip is! plus the screen had some box look like

is there anyway i can reduce the laggin and the box?

Mulak

4W4K3

VIP Member
Mulak said:
hey y'all

i played a video clip and its laggin and also sometime it stop at one frame for a few seconds or so and shift to the time of the clip is! plus the screen had some box look like

is there anyway i can reduce the laggin and the box?

Mulak

was that an internet video clip? if so its probably not your gfx card. its probably your intertnet is too slow to play it all at once. it has to download the entire clip, buffer it all, and then play it. if you stream it its probably stopping at one frame to buffer what it just downloaded or maybe your internet is just unstable and its has to catch up to the download. do you have 56K, DSL, or CABLE?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Regardless, even if its not a streamed file, it's not the graphics card.... most likely culprit either CPU or HDD

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Mulak, not everyone here is from Canada/NorthAmerica. I prefer Rogers as they've given me a much better overall impression. My analysis:

Sympatico
- Started as and always will be a 1.5Mbit service
- Peak download at 150K/sec, average 100K/s
- Peak upload at 20K/s average 10K/s
- Cost $34.95CAD/month or something like that
- Dynamic IP (PPPoE) changes roughly once a day... the "30minute-new-ip" annoyance is not a problem with this service

Sympatico Ultra
- Started as 3Mbit service, now 4Mbit and 5Mbit services (free upgrades however the 4Mbit and 5Mbit service depends on locale).
- Max download 420K/s, average download 315K/s
- Max upload 70K/s, average upload 25-40K/s
- Cost $79.99CAD/month
- Dynamic IP (PPPoE) and although its only supposed to change ur IP once a day or so, sometimes it'll change once every 30minutes which makes it s pain to do things sometimes
- Values based on the 5Mbit DSL

Rogers
- Started as 3Mbit service, free upgrade to 4Mbit last year, free upgrade to 5Mbit this year
- Peak download probably around 380KB/s. Average probably around 365K/s
- Max upload 60K/s, average upload 30-35K/sec
- Cost: $44.95CAD (although there are deals and such etc)
- Theoretically a dynamic IP although in my case ive got Static ... maybe its because ive downloaded too much and been kicked off their network too many times they wanna keep me on a leash etc. Either way, for most people, static IP is better although its a minor point really. When the IP changes (usually once a week), its a fairly "clean" transition (i.e., most of the time your DLs/ULs wont get inturrupted)

I myself started in DSLland with the basic DSL and then when i moved to Cable i never looked back. This summer my roomate had the Ultra Sympatico and I had the Cable and although he can outpull my connection in ideal circumstances, it rarely happens. And considering the Ultra is damn near twice as much as the cable, i dont see much of a competition. And for the record, no i dont work for either company and over the course of the summer, me and my roomate have tested out well over 400GB of transfers so its not "fluke" :D