Graphics Card

Hey, thanks for the reply... That is still a good price for me. Do you know if that will fit in the same slot as the other one, though? Again, I'm very computer illiterate and don't know about these sorts of things.
 
Both will fit in the same slot as the one you posted, yeah. They're all PCI express x16.

However, you didn't post if your old card is AGP or PCI-e. Do you know? If not, can you post a picture of it?
 
Hmm... That's a great question. I can't take a picture of it right now, but I will do that and post it tomorrow. All I have is a piece of paper that says "128k Radeon 9600". It's a home built PC that I bought from someone a few years ago so I know basically nothing about it. Sorry for my ignorance and thank you for your help thus far.
 
Actually I'm being ignorant as well right now...I forgot about a very popular program that will tell what your GPU interface is. Download CPU-Z(link below), take a screenshot of the "Mainboard", "CPU", "Memory", and "Graphics" tabs and post it here. That'll tell what your GPU interface is, and several other things.

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

You can open that program multiple times, so it'll only take one screenshot.
 
Last edited:
I'm actually not on the PC in question. The hard drive is currently crashed (waiting for that to get here, supposed to be here February 2nd) so I'll probably just have to take a picture. I googled Radeon 9600 and from what I read it looks like it's probably AGP, though.
 
I'm pretty sure that card was made for both AGP and PCI-Express. I hope it's PCI-e, because AGP is older and harder to find cards for. You can still get decent cards for it though.

It would be good to know the rest of the specs, however...there's no sense upgrading to something like a 4670 if the rest of the computer is slow as well, you know?
 
Last edited:
Oh okay, well I'll keep my fingers crossed then... Thanks for the info so far, you've been very helpful. I'll take a picture tomorrow and upload it so you can see and maybe tell me what it is.

Yeah... The comp is like 5 years old. Was good then, but now it's pretty lacking. I basically just use it to play World of Warcraft, but I'm only getting like 15 FPS and was hoping to get a bit better. Unfortunately I have no income (damn economy) so I'm working on a tight budget right now.
 
Last edited:
Alright :)

Just to make sure, can you actually remove the card and get a good shot of the pins on it? That's the easiest way to tell, because very slot has a different configuration. AGP looks like this:
HIS_Radeon_HD_4670_IceQ_AGP.gif


And the same card in PCI-e looks like this:
51NPf8tCFzL.jpg


See the difference?
 
Well I couldn't get it out (crappy screwdrivers) and I'm too tired to try again tonight. I will pull it out tomorrow and check. Not sure how I could get it wrong with the great pictures you put up. Thanks a lot for the help, I will get back to you tomorrow after some good sleep.
 
Last edited:
That's much easier, lol :)

There a few different versions of AGP, btw. This should help:
voltageslots.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top