Greetings. Having connection problems

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What does your ipconfig /all screen look like now? you might have a bad network card.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
According to that video your ip address and gateway address has not changed. You haven't reran the ipconfig /all command since i told you to reset ip address to obtain automatically. Please do another one or you can uninstall your network card and then reinstall it and it will reset all your network settings back to default.

NewbieGeek

According to that video your ip address and gateway address has not changed. You haven't reran the ipconfig /all command since i told you to reset ip address to obtain automatically. Please do another one or you can uninstall your network card and then reinstall it and it will reset all your network settings back to default.

hmm...i did run the ipconfig thingy. By network card do you mean the driver i got from the dell website?

NewbieGeek

Go into device manager, right click on the network controller and click on uninstall, follow the prompts. Reboot the computer and let windows reinstall the driver. That should allow you to get online unless you have a bad network card.

This is the driver you need if windows doesn't automatcally install it.

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=87106

uhh i went to the folder called "Device Manager" but i did not see anything called network controller (sorry for all this trouble your going through to help me D:)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Look for Network Adapter, it should be called Intel 10/100 connection or something similar.

NewbieGeek

Look for Network Adapter, it should be called Intel 10/100 connection or something similar.

i did the search feature and looked for Network Adapter...i do not have that 0-0.
then i searched Intel and a bunch of things came up but nothing called Intel 10/100 connection

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
This is the device manager with my network adapters expanded, yours will look different but your network adapter will be in there. Should be labeled Intel 10/100 or similar. You just right click on that device and click on uninstall then reboot and windows will reinstall the driver for it. Then all your ip address, dns, and dhcp settings should be back to normal.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 20

NewbieGeek

Go into device manager, right click on the network controller and click on uninstall, follow the prompts. Reboot the computer and let windows reinstall the driver. That should allow you to get online unless you have a bad network card.

This is the driver you need if windows doesn't automatcally install it.

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=87106

Errr i did everything i uninstalled the network thing and i rebooted my computer...the network status is still: Acquiring Network address

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You have a bad dhcp server address. You need to go back into your settings and change that back to getting it automatically.

NewbieGeek

You have a bad dhcp server address. You need to go back into your settings and change that back to getting it automatically.

how to i change the DHCP server address? i only know how to make it so the IP is obtained auto and the other thingy is by going to the internet ITP/protocol properties.

NewbieGeek

No more help needed all i had to do was turn my router off an on for 20 seconds! **** yes! I got it whoot! Thanks for all the help guys! Thanks so much