"Hard Disk Drives Not Detected" Help!~

XCmarsh29X

I joined this forum recently and found everyone so helpful that I thought I would return as I now have problem and want to learn more.

I have just assembled a new system, I have it set up with a small c: drive (20gb) that has windows xp installed on it, I also have a dvd drive (e:) and a cd drive (d:). I have just plugged in a second hard drive (Maxtor 80gb) to be used for saving 'documents' on such as photos, the new drive is visible within device manager but when I go into 'My Computer' it is not showing.
Device manager states that the drivers are all up to date etc.

I am at a loss as to why it cannot be seen or used. Any one got any ideas??

Thanks in advance!!!!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You need to go into find management and partition then format the drive before Windows willa actually see it. Right click on computer, click on manage, click on down management on left. Right click on the drive on the right and click on initialize or new partiton, something like that. It will ask to partition and format it.

XCmarsh29X

MBR-Master Boot Record
GPT-GUID Partition Table
(Box Check) Disk 1

Disk 2 Unallocated i initialized nothings happen

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I meant disk management. Was on my phone at the time and it changed a word on me. After its been intialized right click on the unallocated space and click on new partition.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You won't see anything happen really. After clicking on initialize then move over to the right and right click on the unallocated space and click on new partition. If you are still given the option to initialize there is an issue. I just did the same process on my new ssd last night and it completed successfully.

XCmarsh29X

OK thnx so much btw... always i push the button to open Cpu i hear sounds restarting of hardware C: and if gets sounds like tiny beep and it gets hang... of computer and i wait it to work but i try to restart and restart again its get beep and hang :(( from hardware C:\ u know what solution sir?