Hardware Monitor find an error!

Grimulus

okay, occasionally when my computer boots I get a messege that my hardware monitor has found an error. okay well, i haven't changed anything..so what should i check for in that situation?

tristan

I am assuming you are talking about the hmonitor that comes on the board? Do all your cd-roms, floppy, and harddrives seem to be working?

Grimulus

yup...they sure do...and yes you assumed right. there isn't a whole lot of options to mess around with within the hardware monitor itself. could it be something else triggering this thing? keep in mind the computer seems to run just dandy. :p

tristan

This could also be if your temps or voltages are at dangerous levels. Have you taken a look at them?

tristan

Take the battery out and check it with a multimeter. If you dont have one you could just grab a new one, they are relitively cheap =)

Grimulus

tristan said:
This could also be if your temps or voltages are at dangerous levels. Have you taken a look at them?

i've been trying to figure this out for a while about what is good and bad...but everything is defaulted and i made sure of that...any good sites or anything?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
how to I "check" it?
A multimeter can do that. Another thing you can do is completely unplug the computer for about a few minutes and then power up again ... if the CMOS is still intact then you're ok.

i've been trying to figure this out for a while about what is good and bad...but everything is defaulted and I made sure of that...any good sites or anything?
Sometimes defaults arent so great, what are the exact values?