Having major problems with my computer....

manni420

Recently my computer has been turning off with no blue screen error at all. I load it up and open a couple of programs and it turns off. I have asked someone and they said to me that one of my fans were not working and my computer was overheating. I dont know if i should just buy a new heat sink or buy a new fan and heat sink. Can someone let me know? Here are a couple of things you may have to know about my computer:

2.5 Ghz
256MB Ram

I have found a link on ebay for a new fan with heat sink but it says New Thermaltake Noiseless Heatsink & Fan to AMD 3400+. Does that mean it cant support 2.5Ghz? Heres a link of the item:#

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42001&item=6748226892&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

Can someone let me know what i should do ASAP please.

dave597

VIP Member
it depends on what processor you have now, i assume it is 2.5 Ghz intel, so you should better be off with a heatsink/fan combo that fits your processor. Also when you open your case, and the computer is switched on; is the fan moving? did the person check or did he just assume? it is likely it is overheating tho.

manni420

Update..

Well i had a look at the fan today and there was nothing wrong with it! Everyone keeps on saying check out ur BIOS Settings. How do i see these and what should i be looking out for if my PC turns off byitself?

Bobo

banned
manni420 said:
Everyone keeps on saying check out ur BIOS Settings. How do i see these

What type of computer is it? If it is OEM, you won't be able to do much of anything in the BIOS

Hit del or F1 during the POST (boot-up)