Having trouble booting custom PC

JayT79

I currently have a custom computer build that I'm having trouble with booting up.

My build is AMD Ryzen 5800X3D CPU, Gigabyte AORUS Elite AX V2 Motherboard, 1TB Samsung 980 SSD , 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM,
Thermaltake Smart BM2 80+ Bronze, Radeon RX 6750 XT Gaming Card, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO V2 Fan heatsink, Computer case fans

First post boot up, it would show the brand name of the monitor and then the AORUS Elite image would show, showing the motherboard is detected, then it would stop to a complete blank screen (all fans installed in the computer case are running). I did everything neccessary to boot up the system. Thermal compound on the cpu was applied properly and fan heatsink was installed properly. I got support that the AMD Ryzen 5800X3D CPU was not supported by the motherboard bios and needed an older Ryzen CPU so I bought a Ryzen 4600G.

Installed the Ryzen 4600G and still nothing on the screen, while all fans are running. I noticed when I flip the switch on the power supply, the I/O Panel where the audio, usb, network and hdmi connections are at, a small light would flicker in that area and then immediately the light will turn off (maybe that's a feature I don't know) and then I would proceed to power on the system to boot up.

I don't know what to do. Right now I just have the cpu installed withou the SSD and memory installed while nothing is on the screen with all fans running. I have taken out the motherboard battery out 2 times with 1 minute out of the motherboard before reinstalling it (haven't tried buying a new motherboard battery yet). Could the CPU Socket be dead despite the power supply powering the motherboard?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
For one, your motherboard won't even post without memory installed so put it back in. It's very possible that the motherboard is shorting out against the case. Remove the motherboard from the case and install everything while its on a piece of cardboard to verify its not shorting out. Did you put standoffs in the correct places between motherboard and case? You also need to remove any standoffs that are under there that do not have screws in them.

To reset cmos, you power from power supply, remove battery, press and hold power button on case for 10 seconds, then wait 10 minutes. Then reinsert batter, connect power and press power button. If it was successful it should reset settings back to default but you still won't see it if it won't post due to other issue.

Let us know what happens.

JayT79

John35,

I did exactly what you said and still having the same results. Everything else works (PSU, video card/fans, CPU fans and usb are working). As far as the usb, the mouse lights up but not the keyboard. I switch keyboard and mouse that are working from my personal computer system and it's still not working.

jevery

If your motherboard did not come with a speaker I'd pick one up from Amazon here . It would give you beep codes that may help identify the issue. Secondly I'd look on the board for a sticker to identify which BIOS version it was flashed with. Your 5800X3D is only supported if your running one of the two latest BIOS versions F16a or F16d. If your board has an earlier BIOS version you can flash to a later version with the system off, (shutdown state with power), using the Q-Flash Plus button and the Q-Flash Plus USB port per your manual. It's worth a try