Having trouble with router signal

destinygamer612

I recently reset my router to factory settings and saved my old config. I cannot access my router anymore. I have looked up my IP and typed it into address bar and it gives me a white screen. Also, my router signal range is about 1/5 of what it was before and can barely connect anything even standing near it. Hardwired devices (xbox360, desktop) working fine. Also note, my chromebook can connect pretty well within decent range but my phone is terrible now and my tablet is equally as bad. Also can't set a password right now because I can't login. It is a BELKIN F7D8302 v1. Thanks for any help

destinygamer612

Yeah they are junk, just was trying to hold off buying one but may have to. I have been typing that in yes, the page just thinks and thinks and never pulls it up. Finally says it is not available but yeah not sure whats going on

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It's a dead router, replace it. Had one for a couple months before it overheated a few years ago.

destinygamer612

o_O

looks like I get to go to my favorite store (computer) and spend way too much on stuff I don't need, which I tend to do everytime haha. Thanks for the quick responses, and your help. Have a good day

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I notice you are from Illinois. Does that mean Frys or Microcenter? Tiger Direct in Naperville closed.