having troubles

sergant010

I just bought a new power source the cosair cx600 and a new tower, the phantom and I'm having trouble hooking all of it up together. There's only one cord I'm having trouble with really the 4 pin floppy adapter. I have no idea where it goes. my mother board is a Asus p8p67 le. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

sergant010

ok I took it out of its tower and i plugged in just the power related cords and it powers on just fine. Maybe its my tower?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Did you install the brass standoffs between the case and motherboard? If not, then you are grounding the case to the motherboard and thats why it won't start.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
But did you only put them in the correct places? That board only requires 6 standoffs.

sergant010

ok i thought that was where I had them but i guess i was wrong it fired up fine. But another question where do the HDD led and the -/+ pled go?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
HDD led = hard drive activity light
pled = Power led light

look on page 1-35 of your motherboard manual and it will tell you.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Usually on the motherboard for POWER SWITCH it says "PWR SW" or something similar...same goes for HARD DISK DRIVE such as "HDD LED" or something similar...

Same goes for everything else...such as POWER LED would be something like "PWR LED" and so on...

Those things are usually located at the bottom of the motherboard near the right side...,but it really depends on the motherboard type.

Here is an example:
computer50.jpg