hd playing?

SIRCOOKS

i just got my ps2, and my hd loader and all that good stuff, what im wondering is, what format does my backups have to be in for me to play them from my hd, .bin .cue, .iso..does anyone have a clue...holla back

SIRCOOKS

sorry if you didn't understand me, but the whole use of the hd in this scenario is to rip the games and play them from the hd, so im wondering after i rip them and put them on the hd, what format should the be in....bin .cue, .iso, holla back

kof2000

assuming u are not networking it then it can be any format when you send it to the drive. but if you are grabbing it from that drive it will always be .iso and your pc drive should be ntfs as most games are larger than 4 gb and fat32 wont cut it.

Dart81

Well, then

If you want to put a game in the HD for PS2 for playing it with HD Loader....you can't just make the backup with your software like Nero or other and simply copy the image in the HD......

You need a program like WINHIIP to copy the image in the HD!
Connect the HD (formatted for PS2) on your PC....run WINHIIP and put the image in the HD with the program.

you can create your image backup in iso nrg bin or many others, then select the image in winhiip ant this program convert the file in the right format for the HD Loader!

Ok?
Excuse my english because I'm italian

kof2000

u only need to do that if it is not an original game. also you dont need to do that if your ps2 is modded with newer ones not those swap mods.