Hdd error

gentleman

Yesterday i left my PC on, to download some files from net and went to sleep. When i woke up i saw my PC restarting over and over. I turned off my PC from the button and thought that the Windows failed. I plugged in my HDD to my other PC and saw that just the one partition can be opened. The partition where my windows was, showed this
I:/ is not accessible. ERROR PERFORMING INPAGE OPERATION:confused:. Tried to check the disc 100 times but i couldn't. It showed just "Error performing inpage operation":(:(:(:(. I still can't believe it:(:(:(:(. I had very important files in that partition and must but must recover it.
What do you suggest me to do? Please find me a solution. I would be very grateful.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
First, I'd probably give Linux a shot (mostly because I have the disks laying around and it's the least destructive :p) Grab a LiveCD of some sort (I like Ubuntu) boot to that and see if you have any luck. Maybe that OS will read it a bit better and you could pull some of your files off.

Second, you could try and run chkdsk x: /F with x being the drive in question.

gentleman

WOW, thank you very much dude, this type of checking fixed my partition. I admire you and, another time thank you