HDD help needed

EdgeOfSanity

I've got myself an Maxtor 6Y080L0 - 80 GB, and it's been giving me quite a few problems the past few days.

Analysis:

-Im on XP pro.
-512 DDR
-Intel P4 2,8

Whenever I log into Windows, my entire system runs stuck. I've tested my HD with another PC. Came to the conclusion that it's not my CPU or any other hardware matic problem, except for my HDD. I've put in another HDD and tested it out with this system. it ran just fine.

My question is, is there anyone out here whom knows of any HDD tools, or certain ways to locate if it's an problem with a sector, or even a software matic problem?
I dont feel like formatting the entire disk just yet, and yes, Im not even certain that will solve the problem.

When im in Safe Mode, my system runs MUCH longer, however when I do a scan or any other memory swallowing applications on run.. it gets stuck.
Imagine how this is like when im in normal mode...

Anyone got any analysis-plans to go through, to check up on certain things? any help will be appreciated. thanks

Last edited:

EdgeOfSanity

I've formatted the entire disk, reinstalled it with the same OS.
STILL it is giving me trouble...especially when I do a system scan with apps such as Norton or any Spyware removal tools.

@kof2000: all of them, the entire system runs 'stuck'. Even in DOS.