HDD no more spinning

Noob

Hello guys! :)

My 120GB Samsung hdd has died and doesnt spin anymore. It doesnt work in any computer and it doesnt go past the BIOS.
I contacted Samsung but they dont me to contact a data recovery professional, and I dont want to pay loads of money to get my data back.

I have heard of some recovery programs, and someone told me knoppix can read broken hdds... except i cant do much since it doesnt go past the BIOS. Firstly, any way to skip the BIOS so i can continue on to using my computer, with the hdd still plugged in?

My friend claims that he can read data off my broken hdd, except i dont understand that because it has stopped spinning... anyone know what he is on about? He mentioned the words 'program takes around 20hrs'...

I might try the freezer trick as my last resort.

But do anyone else have any ideas or any information for me, please? I really want my data back! Thank you so much guys, I appreciate it! :) Thanks

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
If the hdd doesn't spin, then there's no way to read data out of it...
In case of physical damage a surgical solution seems to be the only way: get another hdd, same model as this one, take them apart and switch the plates between them.