HDD Wipe

B_Wease

Hey guys, sorry! I know I posted this before, But i just wanted a quick check.

I figured out how to fix my SSD so it's working properly now, And I figured out how to get into my BIOS, I was using a USB hub and that was why I couldn't get into my BIOS, once I plugged the Wireless USB directly into the MOBO I was able to access my BIOS and change my Boot Sequence. My problem now is I have everything booting from my SSD which was how I wanted it, But now I want to completely erase everything on my HDD so I can use it as storage. Any quick / free / easy way of doing this?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
As long as you have backed up your data from the hdd you can just use disk management to delete the existing partition, repartition and format.

B_Wease

So i went into disk management and deleted it, then i re applied it and it said it had 100% capacity, so it's fresh now. And I right clicked it and formated it, but its not installing thinks correctly. I tried downloading a file and installing it on my F drive (which is now my storage drive) so it puts it in it, but I have to create a file for it or else everything gets put into it one by one, so just installing iTunes i had like 40 icons on it. Is there a way to make it automatically go in there? Like on my C drive i have the program files and program x86, is there an easy way to get my files to auto sort like they do on my C drive?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you are trying to install programs onto it then in the program setup you have to change where it gets installed. However, with some programs, the installed location can't be changed from the C drive.