Heat Sink Comparision

Grimulus

Gigabyte 3D cooler ultra super silent
vs
Thermaltake tower 112

Gigabyte did better in one particular test. Just looks like to me the Thermaltake is better...what have you guys heard/think????

Grim

Grimulus

aye, in my current case i can make one of the side fans almost touch the rear case fan...it would be basically a direct line out of the case. the other one of course would blow the other way and that sucks because i don't have a front fan *Grumbles*

But I think they would circulate enough air...you think so? I will have 2 rear 80mm,the 2 on the heat sink and one on the side panel.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Gigabyte did better in one particular test. Just looks like to me the Thermaltake is better...what have you guys heard/think????
You read one review and the GB does better, you read another and the Tt does better.... they're about the same really. I guess it would depend somewhat on the other fans in teh system as well as if the air coming out of each cooler would start cookin the capacitors but that would depend on your mobo

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah just one thing to note, if you want to use the Tt like that: if you're using the Silentboost fans, the "feature" about them is that they can take in air from those slits on the side -- and by the same token, they can also exhause air out those slits (naturally this doesnt apply if you're using Volc12s in there).

:)