Help after hardware

tmccumber

New Member
Hi

I have finally found the problem I was having with the new computer (bad PSU from Compgeeks) and am trying to get my computer to boot up properly. When I boot up it get the windows did not start normally and I can only get into safe mode. Once in there I get a message what the copy of Windows I have must be registered with MS and I cant do that in safe mode. My hard drive is the origional and the OS was working fine before I added the MB and CPU. I am using a ASUS M4A785-M motherboard and a AMD Phenom II X3.

Thank you,
 
Reformat/reinstall not an option?

What did the HD come out of? You can't just pull a HD from one machine and put it in another and expect it to load the OS without errors (not typically) - it has to install specific drivers for the mobo and other hardware.

If you've completely replaced the mobo, then you need to backup your data from your HDD using another computer or a Live CD (or even Safe Mode since you're able to boot into it) and then boot up with your Windows CD and do a fresh install...

Sounds like to me anyway... ;)
 
Back
Top