HELP! Buying a latop from Best Buy right now!!!

Bosrudorfer

Hi,

I NEED A QUICK ANSWER PLEASE!

I wish to buy a Hp laptop, the ZD 8000 customized. I went to Best Buy today and they had a lower end ZD 8000 for sale. A sales clerk informed me they could order a customized ZD 8000.

Before this I had visited the official HP website and customized a ZD 8000 for myself, the total price was $2199.00 with free shipping and no sales tax (I live in Washington state with a sales tax of 8.8%)

Now I informed the sales clerk at Best Buy what I wanted and he told me it would cost $2275.00 from the computer. I showed him the printed piece of paper of the same specs from the official HP online store and told him the price. He informed me to give him a minute and he would speak with his manager.

He returned and told me that they could not only match the $2199.00 price and NO TAX and a $85 gift card!

Is this too good to be true? I want to buy it from them however don’t understand what they get out of the deal? Also could they sell me something weaker and clam it has the parts I wanted?

I also told him before I was interested in the $350 3 yr warranty…..

I know the specs are written on the side of the laptop box itself officially by HP so if the seals are ok then…..

THANK YOU!!!!

Last edited:

Yeti

VIP Member
Is this too good to be true?
It shouldn't be, or else you'd have a pretty stable lawsuit.
I want to buy it from them however don’t understand what they get out of the deal?
A lot of stores have a "find an advertised price lower than ours and we'll..." kind of deal. Manufacturer online stores are almost never the lowest price (they shouldn't be or else everyone would shop there... then it'd just be Dell).
Also could they sell me something weaker and clam it has the parts I wanted?
No, if they do you take it back and threaten to sue :)

mgoldb2

VIP Member
Besy Buy a major company they have nothing to gain by cheating you. The deal is fine lots of time big companies that buy lots of computesr can get better prices then you personally can get.

Best buy get no money if you buy stright from hp so it to there benfit to offer you a better deal so you buy through them.