Help! Cannot get into the OS after a modification regarding SATA

Sino_Geek2

I installed my newly bought WD HDD, I was able to get into my XP system for the first 2 times, and the disk is ok. I quick checked the HDD using life guard, everything's fine. Then without installing the driver, I set the mycomputer\device manager\Serial controller properties\sercondary channel\transfer mode\ FROM let the BIOS decide TO SATA Generaltion 2 or 3G, then it asked my to reboot the comp, then I rebooted.

Then, I can't get into the OS! I removed my new hardrive by unplug it, I can get into the system, but since I unplugged it, I wasn't able to change the transfer mode back as everything is grey (duh!)

So I'm here to ask: Is it a hardware or a software problem?

If it's software, can I change the settings back in registry or something?

You know, Windows is retarded in some aspect, or it could be my WD driver, because my system disk is also a WD one.

My guess is, it sorta goes like this: if you upluged the HDD, the settings is left to a wrong value, but once you plugged it in, Windows will load the corresponding driver/settings that isn't correct.

I can see the windows loading screen, but I just cant get in!

In order to get into my system, I need to change the setting, but in order to change the setting back, I need to get into my system first! ZOMG this catch 22 situation is really driving me nuts!

Can anyone help me! I'm desperate!

Sino_Geek2

I'm literally, literally a genius.

Remember I said I got 2 WD HDD? So all I did was swap the 2 data cable, then blahbin blahbom! I'm enjoying my new 3T HDD now...

Thank you guys for your help anyway!

Jc61990

Remember I said I got 2 WD HDD? So all I did was swap the 2 data cable, then blahbin blahbom! I'm enjoying my new 3T HDD now...

Thank you guys for your help anyway!

For the future, you can avoid this 2 ways.

connect the sata for your booting hdd to sata0 then the secondary to sata1
or
in bios look for hard drive boot order, most likely you will only be able to pick one hard drive, if u press enter on that menu, the other drives will show up. + or - key to move them up or down. to which you would like to boot first. save and reboot