!!! Help !!! Challenge to experts :)

Booyaka

hello there

MY PROBLEM is: my wifi connection gets lost, the wifi icon shows like i dont have the driver, (when the problem show-up)
i was unsing my wifi normally, when suddenly it gets lost the signal on the wifi icon appear like the driver is missing, but the driver is already there. i tried to format my hp pavilion laptop dv6 6061se, many times after the accident but same problem appear)

when this problem happens and i try to shut down the laptop or restart it it freezes in (computer is shutting dow) and wont shut down till i manually shut it down by button, and when i start windows wifi works fine, sometimes this problem dont appear till after 10 mintues sometimes hours.
when i bought it brand new i never had this problem, and i formatted it couple times before and install from the same drivers, all works fine,
right now i formatted the laptop two or three times and install the drivers from hp site and from driver pack (DRP-2013) (around 4.35 gb) and still have the same problem.

by the way i always have antivirus, i usually use avast, but now i start to use avira, and they never detect any virus on my pc specially when i scan other partions (to make sure that no virus is in other disks), also when i format my laptop i only format disk local C: (which windows is installed in)

i know i wrote a lot but it is only because i want to bring u the problem that i have.

if anybody could help me, that will mean a lot to me
thanks in advance

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
DV6's are known to have issues with their internal wireless cards going defective. Even just changing the card doesn't fix it; it's the WLAN slot on the motherboard. It's possible yours could be failing.

Booyaka

thank u for ur reply, i was doubting the thing u said about some internal wireless card or something.
i bought this laptop a year ago around 1000 $, so i gotta use it at least for couple years to come lol, my friend i gotta find a solution ;)

DV6's are known to have issues with their internal wireless cards going defective. Even just changing the card doesn't fix it; it's the WLAN slot on the motherboard. It's possible yours could be failing.

Booyaka

thank you this is a good idea i forgot about it, by the way do you recommend any specific brand or anything, and tell me if i ever want to but some new laptop good for gaming what do you suggest.
Thank you again :)

You could probably get a USB wifi dongle, that would work. Check your local electronics store.