Help choosing new laptop

d57623

I am a student looking to buy a new laptop and need some advice regarding what to buy. It will be used a lot for work (word processing and powerpoint), internet, storing music and photos and watching DVDs, and I would like a laptop that will last through my next 3 or 4 years at college.

Could anyone advise me on the best thing to buy, or if not give me some of the criteria that I should look for when shopping?

Thank you.

Alias

Processor Speed: Above 1.5 Ghz - Ensures that you Laptop will run smoothly.
512 MB RAM - I assume you will be multiTasking, doing work, and surfing at the same time, anything or above will ensure smooth sailing.
Its not wise to download mass of data to laptops, but for just music and ocuments and the few videos, 40 + GB Hard drive should be OK.
nVidia or radeon graphics card 64 Mb or higher.
all above should get ya through bear in mind these are only a few specifications.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
well since playing games isn't on your list, you really dont need a graphic card, an integrated one should work pretty well. Try looking into the celeron m lineup if you have a low budget. If you have a good budget then a Pm would serve you well.

Alias

I assumed hes a student, hes got to play games come on, im a student and games are a must have.