Samuel1941
Member
Computer is the one in my signature.
I've run BitDefender, Malwarebytes, Adaware, CCleaner, Eusing Registry Cleaner, and nothing fixes my problem.
Boots up, mouse works, all else slowly freezes. It does this about 4 out of 5 boots.
When it does this, I can't shut down...must use tower switch held in for 5 seconds.
Then, on the next boot, the boot starts for 2-3 seconds, shuts down for 2-3 seconds and just continues this cycle forever.
In order to stop this cycle, I have to kill power to the tower...wait a few seconds, turn power back on and it will boot OK about 1 out of 5 times. The other 4 times, it boots up, mouse works, all else slowly freezes.
I can not get into safe mode. I click F8 repeatedly and it just continues on to normal boot. Also, I can access the boot menu during start up (click F12), the boot window comes up, but all navigation is frozen...arrows don't work, ESC won't quit...I need to hold in the power button on the tower to get out and shut down.
I'm beginning to think maybe it's a RAM or motherboard malfunction.
I tried to use memory test, but I can't boot from the CD (boot menu won't let me select and it's defaulted to HD boot).
Any suggestions.
I've run BitDefender, Malwarebytes, Adaware, CCleaner, Eusing Registry Cleaner, and nothing fixes my problem.
Boots up, mouse works, all else slowly freezes. It does this about 4 out of 5 boots.
When it does this, I can't shut down...must use tower switch held in for 5 seconds.
Then, on the next boot, the boot starts for 2-3 seconds, shuts down for 2-3 seconds and just continues this cycle forever.
In order to stop this cycle, I have to kill power to the tower...wait a few seconds, turn power back on and it will boot OK about 1 out of 5 times. The other 4 times, it boots up, mouse works, all else slowly freezes.
I can not get into safe mode. I click F8 repeatedly and it just continues on to normal boot. Also, I can access the boot menu during start up (click F12), the boot window comes up, but all navigation is frozen...arrows don't work, ESC won't quit...I need to hold in the power button on the tower to get out and shut down.
I'm beginning to think maybe it's a RAM or motherboard malfunction.
I tried to use memory test, but I can't boot from the CD (boot menu won't let me select and it's defaulted to HD boot).
Any suggestions.