HELP! Distressed student in need!

AM329

Hello to all!

I'll be attending a boarding school in the fall ( :confused: ), and I must purchase a personal laptop computer in order to complete classwork, homework, etc.

Although I know the basics of most computer applications (internet, MS word, games, windows media player, etc), I knowalmost nothing of their fundamental components and I have no idea where to start! (I'm a self-proclaimed n00b).

Can anyone recommend a reliable, reasonably-priced (under $700) laptop computer for a student? Keep in mind that I'll use it only to surf the net, listen to music, and finish schoolwork (i.e. nothing of extreme importance :p ), and I will use this for at least two years. Or, do you know of a good source where I can compare and review various laptops?

Any/all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!
-ari

Last edited:

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Take a look at this one, it is fairly powerful, has an intel M cpu for all that hard work you'll be doing. It has wireless already installed so if your campus has a wireless LAN you can connect with no added hardware. It's under $700. Made by the good old ACER company, very good.

"Acer TravelMate 2304LCI-XPH Notebook"