help finding my desktop

Tobi-SadNess

I am thinking of buying a new desktop but still not sure I am looking for a desktop that can work all my games,movies,etc
Now the computer it self comes with 3gb of memory and 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3GB/s Hard Drive.
This Doesn't sound bad since I wont be using all the space but what I am really worried about mostly is my graphics. This computer comes with NVIDIA® GeForce® 7100 graphics with Turbocache with 128MB dedicated graphics memory.
I am just wondering if this is any good and if I would want any better what might I upgrade to?

Thanks in advance

GSAV55

Well if you are playing any games from the last 2 years, that graphics card isnt really going to cut it for the most part. How much are you willing to spend on a graphics card? Once we know that, we can give you suggestions.

Have you considered building you own computer? You can save a lot of money and use higher quality parts that way, and its not really hard at all. Kinda like a lego set with electricity.

There are some pretty good guides one here too, for building a computer. This is just one of them.

If your interested in building your own and told us your total budget, we'd be able to really help you a lot as far as selecting components and such.

Tobi-SadNess

ummm i have about 180$ left to buy a new graphics card

and yes i have thought about making my own computer im alrdy kinda doing that at home just very slowly :p my friend usually works on it more thats why.......

scooter

banned
If your buying a pre-built computer you wanna pay attention to how big the card you want is, and that it will fit in your case. Pre-built machines often use matx cases and dont have alot of room for some of the longer gpu's.

Also, your psu may need to be upgraded--depending on the card you choose and what the psu in the retail machine is..they are typically underpowered garbage and often wont handle the power that newer, aftermarket gear needs.