Help fixing a computer... its URGENT

benihana99

New Member
I have two quick questions about replacing the mobo and CPU in an eMachines T2862.

1. If i replace the mobo with one that is NOT identical, can use the OS that is installed already, or will there be conflict with some kinda DRM crap?

2. If i replace an Intel pentium mobo/CPU with an AMD cpu and a foxconn mobo, will everything work fine?

Thanks in advance.
 
No matter what you do with your above ideas, your gonna need to reinstall windows.

Backup your data before you do anything so then you can just pop in your windows CD and go from there.

And as long as the mobo is an AMD board, then an AMD CPU will be fine. (I'd personally go with Intel right now though)
 
Well. make sure that you get a mobo that will fit in your case... and reinstall windows(you will have to) and CPU everybody has there own thoughts I say AMD Phenom...
 
No matter what you do with your above ideas, your gonna need to reinstall windows.

Backup your data before you do anything so then you can just pop in your windows CD and go from there.

And as long as the mobo is an AMD board, then an AMD CPU will be fine. (I'd personally go with Intel right now though)

Usually yeah, though i had an instance where i went from an asus mobo to a gigabyte mobo and i actually didn't have to format, it booted up like normal which was ****ed, though i did format just to prevent any future failure.
 
You gotta use the cpu that is designated for the mobo. mixing them up won't work

Most CPUs will work on a board as long as the socket type is the same. Now, there are some exceptions, like some older LGA775 boards only being able to take NetBurst CPUs, but none of the newer Core2s. No CPU is "designated" for a mobo (unless the CPU is actually integrated on the mobo). Mixing brands definitely won't work, though.
 
No matter what you do with your above ideas, your gonna need to reinstall windows.

Backup your data before you do anything so then you can just pop in your windows CD and go from there.

And as long as the mobo is an AMD board, then an AMD CPU will be fine. (I'd personally go with Intel right now though)

can i reinstall from the same windows disc i installed on the comp in the first place, or will i have to dump 100$ on a new copy?
 
can i reinstall from the same windows disc i installed on the comp in the first place, or will i have to dump 100$ on a new copy?

If it's the one that came with the computer, then I don't think you can.

I do my own thing, but I can't discuss my own thing here because it's somewhat "illegal".
 
Back
Top