Help i hear voices!!!

trusty

New Member
That's right, I hear voices. I have a 3 speaker system and on the "woofer" I hear what I believe to be CB radio traffic. Some times very faint. Usually only happens between 5 & 9 PM. When these voices are present, the curser either freezes or sticks & jumps. Volume control has no effect.

I have had an IT man from where I used to work over & he also observed the above. He was baffled!!

I have replaced the 2-wire gateway (from SBC/AT&T) & all the associated wiring, including the in-line filter.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of these cursed voices???

Thanks in advance.
 
Your speakers are haunted! :eek: :P

There's no line filter to stop that dreaded "ancient mary" AM cb radio interference. The amp for the speaker set is what is actually picking up the RF there.

Your one possible option available would be simply upgrading the speaker set to hopefully get into one seeing better IF and RF(especially "RF" :eek: ghosts!) filtering.

"breaker 1 9er! just can't wait to get back... on the road again..." :P

Sorry but ask anyone with a vcr nearby that tapes their favorite show and hears something like that while seeing the picture bounce when going to play the tape back. :mad: GGrrr... "rotten cb noise!"
 
Like PCeye said, I would definitely get a set of new speakers. The ones you have are somehow unlucky enough to pick up nearby truckers...

10-4 good buddy!
 
Last edited:
For old stereo systems seeing separate turn tables and amps along with receivers one method was wrapping up the speaker wires with aluminum foil. Somehow that just doesn't seem to cut it these days. You wouldn't want that for sure!

"on the road again... just can't wait..." "bboooo..oooo" "they're back!" :eek:

("finally a thread with some humour." "can we move this to.." "quiet!")

"Gee? Haven't seen a single sideband rig here in decades. good buddy!"
 
The most you would see with a different set of speakers would be an improved filtering so you wouldn't be hearing any... "voices"?! :eek: :confused:

Problems like the cursor locking or bouncing around has to do with a display problem like the video card also being effected by bleedover RF interference. That good ole "ancient mary" has been long known for more or less "splashing" everything whether tvs, home stereos, you name it with little that can actually be done.

Aren't you glad the '70s fad wore off during the 1980's?! "finally! my swr readings were always too high anyways. whew"
 
You guys are GOOOOOOOD! I replaced my speakers last week-end & haven't heard a "Breaker - Breaker" since. The other problems from my original post are gone too.


10-4 Good Buddies!!!!
 
Glad to see you now have some filtering and no more "Hey Bandit! I have a smokey report for you!" being heard. :P

(gosh I was just about to call in the Ghost Hunters too!)
 
Back
Top