"Help i need somebody!!!" (Internet issues)

No1_Fred

Right ive got an issue. Asus Pk53 Deluxe Wifi Mobo and drivers

I just finished my new build and turned on the pc.....tryed to access the internet and obviously it would not let me as there were no drivers installed.

So inserted the mobo drivers cd and about half way through instalation i tryed again and could connect to the internet fine.

Now when the cd finishes and all drivers are loaded it wont let me on at all...

Im slightly confused by this.

Ive tryed to click the auto detect lan settings within ie but still nothing...

When i look at the network connections i have 4
1. 1394 Connection (net adapter)
2. Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family
3. Wireless network (realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.
4. Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI Express

Also clicking repair on any of these gives an error message saying

"windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed:
Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection. cannot proceed

Fot assistance contact the person who manages your network.

Typing ipconfig into dos prompt gives a error message that suggests somethings wrong.

"Windows ip configuration

An internal error occurred: The request is not supported.
Please contact Microsoft Product support services for further help.

Additional information: unable to query host name."
__________________________________________________ __

i have tryed a reinstall twice and it just seems whenever the drivers cd ends i cant get a connection..

Pleeeeeease help this is really frustrating me now and i really need to get it fixed for work.

Thank you!!

Buy-it PC

any ideas at all???? goin mad here!!
LAN drivers could be the issue, but to be in front of system like this would be most helpful to determine what is really going on.

Try visiting the manufacture first, see if there is a later driver... download it and install it. See afterwards it ipconfig see's it!

If not, let me know.

You also might want to check and make sure that the firewall hasn't blocked it. You said that you tried it about half way through and it worked (accessed the internet) if some of the files were altered the firewall may have recognized that and automatically blocked it due to confusion with recognition of virus infection.

Dzha2000

You also might want to check and make sure that the firewall hasn't blocked it. You said that you tried it about half way through and it worked (accessed the internet) if some of the files were altered the firewall may have recognized that and automatically blocked it due to confusion with recognition of virus infection.

I doubt that it is a firewall, seems more like driver issue.