Help! I'm Blocked from Downloading!

SCGuy

Our network administrator at work just updated our computers. We used to be able to download programs (software) off of the internet to our hard drive. Now, they have somehow blocked our ability to download programs. I keep getting messages that sat I do not have sufficient access, I do not have permission, etc. The program most recently updated by the administrator is Novell Client for Windows 2000. I'm guessing something in Novell is blocking downloads. Is there any way to download pograms and get around this block? (Other than getting an administrator password

Verrona

I dont think it is Novell thats blocked you. The administrator has probably put up a firewall and blocked you from downloading anything!! Not just executables

Verrona

I dont think there is any way around it, because u probably have a limited account, the only way to get around it is to talk 2 the administrator and say u need to be able to download software

smitherz

at my work we have novell client on XP PRO. i have the same problem and its due to network rights. you can either talk to your system admin or hack the network, but i wouldn't risk that because you could get sacked.

try "gpedit.msc" in the run command and get permission to change some internet and network settings for your workstation.

smitherz