Help Installing Ubuntu/Linxux

FFCFoo

New Member
Well,
I am on my other computer and when I get to the partition part on the ubuntu setup, On my other computer it has no partitions in it! Like there is nothing in there. When I press forward it says "Needs to select partition or something".
 
your installing the newest ubuntu correct?

Are you sure its not showing you that the hard drive is already partitioned to windows? If it does say you have no partitions, then just create a partition there! it should take it from there.
 
your installing the newest ubuntu correct?

Are you sure its not showing you that the hard drive is already partitioned to windows? If it does say you have no partitions, then just create a partition there! it should take it from there.

Ehh well! all the Options are gray! And I cant click them?
 
hmmm.... thats pretty strange. Do you have windows or another OS already installed on the HDD? You may want to download g-parted and just do full reformat of the drive and format it as XFS file system.
 
hmmm.... thats pretty strange. Do you have windows or another OS already installed on the HDD? You may want to download g-parted and just do full reformat of the drive and format it as XFS file system.

I already had windows partitioned in the computer, But how would I delete it? I only have 1 drive and windows is installed on it! How do I delete it and install Linxux?

EDIT: Im on a windows Xp
 
Well before you go any further, is there anything on the windows partition that you need to keep? If so, back it up.

Then download g-parted and burn it to a cd and boot the cd. Follow the g-parted commands which are really easy and will allow you to delete everything on the drive then reformat the unused space so ubuntu can be installed. You can leave it as unallocated space or format it as XFS.
 
Well before you go any further, is there anything on the windows partition that you need to keep? If so, back it up.

Then download g-parted and burn it to a cd and boot the cd. Follow the g-parted commands which are really easy and will allow you to delete everything on the drive then reformat the unused space so ubuntu can be installed. You can leave it as unallocated space or format it as XFS.

Ehh, Now I just got to find another cd lol. Also I dont need anything on the pc at all!

Edit: How am I supposed to Burn the G-Parted to the disc? It is not ISO?

Edit: Nvm I got the ISO Thanks!

Ps. Sorry for all the edits Im stressing out :p!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top