Help! Is this static electricity? What to do?

uTgh4K33

Hello everyone. I have got a problem, and i will appreciate any advice or explanation.
I'm working with a PC connected to a fresh new ground connection, since it broke once because, as I discovered,i didn't have it. I was still in guarantee, so I had my pc fixed and everything seemed OK. But then I started feeling small electric shocks that escalated to a point I was sure I wasn't imagining them. I threw away my old mouse, just in case, and then I had the ground connection checked by an electrician, who told me it was perfectly installed.in his opinion this was static electricity due to my pc'chassis not being connected to the ground. So I tried what you can see in the photo below with a copper cable.
It doesn't work, and I need to use my computer for a job I have to hand over in 3 days!! Any advice or help to endure these days without harming my computer will be really appreciated.

Attachments

• 1452809010825-1479034596.jpg
    1452809010825-1479034596.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 11

beers

Staff member
Why would you even do that?

The PC case gets grounded via the PSU on the ground pin already.

uTgh4K33

Well, I was told otherwise.... I showed the insides to the electrician and he said it was weird that the chassis wasn't actually connected and I should fix that. Obviously that didn't fix the problem, so you may be rigth and I was loosing my time... Any other explanation why this is hapening?... Thank you.