help, maybe my computer is infected. what should i do?

akey307

i have an unknow winfile under C: partition.
the original file name is wukill.exe.
the product name is Xgtray.
and the product version and the file version are both 1.00.

what should do? thanks

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hey

first of all install an antivirus (avast, avg, norton, mcafee etc.), and update all your definition files. Then scan for the worm (the files are parts of the WUKILL worm). It should be able to detect it and then delete it.

JAN :D

Hellbreather

If it cannot find it. Try this to manually delete the worm. I hope this is the same worm here

1. Disable System Restore
If you are using Windows XP/ME disable system restore using the following
Start->Programs->Accessories->Windows Explorer
Right click on my computer and click Properties
Click the System Restore tab
Click the "Turn off System Restore" box te click apply. Then click yes on the following box that comes up.

2. Now you need to remove certain values from your Registry Editor
Start->Run-> Type in "regedit"
Now delete these values
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Windows\Current Version\Run
These 2 values will be here and delete them:
RavTimeXP
RavTimXP

After deleteing them go to this directory
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Windows\Current Version\Setup
RavTimXP
After that the virus should be removed run a full system scan and check
Then turn on system restore to do this follow the instructions to turn it off just un-check the "Turn off System Restore"

softwarewiz

get mcafee bvirus it is very good and easy to use and ive never had a virus with it.It does monthly check-ups and stufff like that though

Hellbreather

I would suggest an anti-virus program if you haven't already got one. Can you let us know if you have got rid of the virus so we dont keep giving you advice when you have already solved the problem ;)

cthomas10uk

put a firewall on aswell this will monitor your computer... something like zone alarm, or if you hav got xp get the service patch it will giv you a FREE firewall lol :D ow kind of mircrosft to do that 4 you :p