* 15.4" WXGA Screen
* 512MB Memory
* 100GB Hard Drive
* Dual format DVDRW Drive
* ATI Mobility RADEON 9000 IGP w/ 128MB [UMA]
* 802.11g
* 6-in-1 Reader

Price: $1,499.99
Im trying to keep it under $1500. I'm looking for a gaming computer that can minimize games smoothly while just talking on aim or browsing on the web. The game I want to play specificly is World Of Warcraft. Would this computer handle it? I'm wondering also if I should get an AMD athlon processor instead of Intel. So please, comments and suggestions?

Tha Killa

1. AMD's are generally better for gaming computers
2. More ram would be good :) (1 gig should be enough)
3. Radeon 9000 is not a very strong card. Its old now (in my opinion). I would get a newer card for WoW. If you were sticking to Radeon, probably around a 9600 (if you wanna keep the price a little lower, not too sure about Nvidia)
4. You said IGP, you meant AGP right? :p

mgoldb2

VIP Member
Apathetic said:
So like a Radeon 9700 128MB would do it fine? Anyone know what type of Nvida would work?

ati mobile radeon 9700 a decent laptop card
the one above it is
ati mobile radeon 9800
and above that is
nivida geforce go 6800

ati really have dominated the highend video cards on laptops bussiness untill the go 6800 came out.

I might be missing a few inbetween I have spent a lot more time looking at desktop video cards then I have laptops.

Last edited:

mgoldb2

VIP Member
I happen to be looking for a laptop my self at the moment.

I thinking about going with

http://www.cyberpowersystem.com

they have a model the explorer x-64-8000
which you can get
windows home edition
athlon 64 3200+
1 gig of pc3200 ram
60 gig 7200 rpm harddrive
mobile ati radeon 9700 PRO 128mb
8x dvd/cdrw drive
price: $1483
you could upgrade the cpu to athlon 64 3400+
which would change the cost to $1513

since you want to be gamming and talking at the same time having a gig of ram would help alot.

Last edited:

mgoldb2

VIP Member
Tha Killa said:
4. You said IGP, you meant AGP right? :p

I think he did mean IGP which stands for intergrated graphics processor which I think there is a 9000 IGP on laptops.

mgoldb2

VIP Member
Apathetic said:
And this would play WoW just fine? Nice find also :)

I think it should play WoW fine. The one gig of ram should allow you to have the game running while using aim. The cpu is plenty powerful to handle the game. The graphic card only affects while you playing the game and I think the game should play smothly with that card.

Apathetic

If you go back to page three you can get a Half Life bronze coupon with a Napster coupon, so if you buy it yeah. If you have anyother finds tell me, I've still got a while to look.