Help me! Overclocking

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
im just baffled atm,On my old board i could start off at 3ghz and work my way up no problems....but this board :p

But like i said,those settings in the quote above are not shown in my bios,so i cant select them! :cool:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
FINALLY!!!!!!

yehaa.png

Those are my Load temps with prime 95 running,Its done about 11 passes and all is going good.

thats the lowest voltage i can give my cpu...or it wont pass P95.

ram wont run anything higher than 965mhz lol...ohh well its much better.

Last edited:

Sam_VDC

Thanks for your help,

Right the stuff i put in bold in the quote above is diffrent in my bios...

where Dram freq is...i only have the following options,

DDR2 533MHZ
DDR2 639MHZ
DDR2 859MHZ

I see no option for Dram Voltage either OR Pci express freq :cool:

and yes my cooling is up to the task,iirc,It run about 50-55c full load @ 3.2ghz on my old board.

try DDR2-533 OR DDR2-639MHZ then check in cpu-z memory tab of which ever corresponds to make sure that it is shown as 1:1 ratio
Most boards would allow you to lock pcie frequency...if not then skip it.
I'm surprise that board doesn't have Dram Voltage adjustment...then skip it as well.
http://i46.tinypic.com/11t4vic.jpg

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeah i was messing around,checked something to manual and then i got those options made available which i couldnt see before!...so many bloody settings in this bios :D :good:

But all is good,My quads now running at 3.5Ghz and my ram at 932Mhz .

Now shall i buy that Solid state disk from intel....mmmmmm

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
You got to set it Manual first :)

i was setting those to manual which were explained in that tut i posted earlier....but there were some other options in my bios that was not mentioned in that tut for some reason...anyhow all sorted!

thanks for the manual too,that helped :)

Sam_VDC

You could easily get a BSOD if memory intensive applications were used @ your current ram setting (932MHz).
If you can run a test with prime LARGE or BLEND mode for 2hrs, that should help to determines your stablity. With 11 passes, your system is no where near stablity

Last edited:

Matthew1990

I had my RAM running at 1100MHz once xD That was 800MHz OCZ. I had for like a week, played Crysis, made movies in Vegas and used Photoshop.

Sam_VDC

I had my RAM running at 1100MHz once xD That was 800MHz OCZ. I had for like a week, played Crysis, made movies in Vegas and used Photoshop.

Now I know why and how Omega felt when he said what he'd said.

I don't know if you even notice that Nevakonaza has 2x2GB sticks.

You must be an extreme overclocker pumped heavy dosage of voltage on the rams to be able to run all of those apps stable? Link me one.

linkin

VIP Member
You have an asus board, set overclock mode to manual, go into FSB and RAM settings, set the link mode to Unlinked. (there are Auto, linked, and Unlinked) Or it's in FSB : DRAM ratio (same page)