Help me with my build please, im kinda n00b...

Skorp

New Member
I want a computer mostly for games and some interneting.

At first i wanted to go with a quadcore because its kinda the latest technology but after some reading ive realised that if im not running many applications at same time I would have too much for nothing...So I come to conclusion to go DUalcore. Ill get a good Dual instead of a low Quad, is it wrong to think that way, please enlight me ...

Ive read over the internet that INTEL are a little ahead of AMD...so I was wondering if the price difference is worth to go INTEL...?


My "thinking about" built :


-Intel dualcore e8400 3.0ghz wolfdale 1333fsb 6MB ...(225$)
(what 6mb is for, cause ive seen some with 4mb or 8mg)

-Mb, have i to go intel or i could go ASUS ????
(actually i have no idea what is a good mb for that cpu)
????Intel boxdg35ec eva cove ddr2 pci-e16 2pci-e1????...(105$)
(Im sure all new MBs have integrated Soundcard right? )

-BFG GeForce 9500gt 550mhz 1gb 666mhz 128bit ddr2......(109$)
(I dont know much about all the numbers, but i really wanted a 1G)
(BUT should I lower to 512g but get bigger mhz like 1333mhz??? )

-2x2gb ddr2 1066 cl5-5-5-15 dual channel.....................(139$)
(ive been told that ddr3 aint worth it for high price)
(And here I have even less idea of what number to get...)
(I want 4gb of ram...but 4-4-12, 5-4-16, or ?-?-??...)

-Basic unexpensif power supply that suit cpu and vid card...(40$??)
(not chose yet)

-80g or 120g HD sata...(not big to cut on price...)............(50$)

-Casing...best looking i could got for 50$-60$
(doesnt really care...just a little :P )

(I already got an LG-dvd, mouse, keyboard, speaker...)


THe 4 first price ive post are actual price that ive seen so id like to know if they are good deal or not ?

Are those brand name and numbers are worth it ?

Im I beside the track or it could be a reliable setup ?

Should i buy a kit Mobos/cpu already together or im better to create one ?


***I really need some knowledge input so please comment and help me do something that would fit my need please...***

Thank you all,

J
 
oh my GOD!!!!!! $225 for an 8400? heres the same thing for $170!

socket is LGA 775. heres a mobo for 55 bucks http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186132

get a 8800GT 512MB for $120, better then the 9500

ram good...

WHAT EVER YOU DO, DONT SAVE ON THE PSU!!!!! get a 600W psu for around 80 bucks. BRAND NAME!!!!! like cooler master, antec, corsair...

AND USE NEWEGG!! CHEAPEST PRICES!!!

HD good is good.
 
Last edited:
that mobo only support 2g ram...:(

where you see dualcore 3.0ghz for 170$ ?

why dont you like the 1g video card ? not enough mhz ??

thx !
 
-BFG GeForce 9500gt 550mhz 1gb 666mhz 128bit ddr2......(109$)
(I dont know much about all the numbers, but i really wanted a 1G)
(BUT should I lower to 512g but get bigger mhz like 1333mhz??? )
What is teh build for? It seems as if you were aiming for a gaming build, in that case I'd get the Radeon 4850 but if budget matters get a NVIDIA 9600GT/8800GT or a Radeon 3870 at least (those three are about equal performers, out of those the cheapest is the best bet unless you can shell out the money for a 4850 which at its price is the best-performing card). Video memory doesn't really matter, 512MB is more than enough and 1GB is pretty much useless unless you're going for the very high-end, something like Radeon 4870 or 280GTX may benefit from 1GB VRAM but for mid-range gaming even 256MB suffice.

-Basic unexpensif power supply that suit cpu and vid card...(40$??)
(not chose yet)
Don't get a "basic inexpensive PSU", cheap PSUs have the tendency to not be able to supply as much power as they're rated and blow up rather easily, commonly taking out other components while they do so. This is one of the components you shouldn't save on for the sake of the rest of your computer.
 
mostly gaming and internet...no really need of many application at same time, thats why i think dual suit me better than quad.

I wanted to go around 500$ but every "built" i come out with are between 600-700 so...I guess that mentaly i could go up to 799$...
 
god its hard...im thinking that it would be more simple to get one used already built...maybe i can have a better deal...maybe ill have to lower my cpu to 2,4ghz because their isnt much dual3.0 used for sale in my area...(canada)...
 
Back
Top