Goldfishmoo
New Member
Hi,
I have recently found that my computer is taking a long time to start up.
First, it waits on the manufacturer logo for about 10 minutes. To get out of this i press ESC to go to the boot menu and choose to boot from my hard disk(this comes up after about 10 minutes). Then, after the windows loading bar has finished, it waits for another 5 minutes till it goes to the loading screen. After i have logged in, everything is completely fine and is not slow or anything.
I would assume it is because i moved my computer to a different house, but i cannot find what the problem with that would be.
I recently bought a 9600GT, but everything was working fine with that, and i can run all my games fine after it has booted up.
At this new house i installed a wireless network card, i also tried booting up without it in the computer but it was just as slow, and the card is working fine.
I did a system restore to 29th July(before i moved the computer) but it was still as slow.
My specs are:
-BFG GeForce 9600GT
-AMD Athlon 4600+ Dual core
-3GB 667Mhz RAM
-250GB Hard Disk + 80GB Hard Disk (both 7200RPM)
-USRobotics Wireless PCI Adapter
-Windows Vista 32Bit
Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my PC and how to fix it?
Thanks.
I have recently found that my computer is taking a long time to start up.
First, it waits on the manufacturer logo for about 10 minutes. To get out of this i press ESC to go to the boot menu and choose to boot from my hard disk(this comes up after about 10 minutes). Then, after the windows loading bar has finished, it waits for another 5 minutes till it goes to the loading screen. After i have logged in, everything is completely fine and is not slow or anything.
I would assume it is because i moved my computer to a different house, but i cannot find what the problem with that would be.
I recently bought a 9600GT, but everything was working fine with that, and i can run all my games fine after it has booted up.
At this new house i installed a wireless network card, i also tried booting up without it in the computer but it was just as slow, and the card is working fine.
I did a system restore to 29th July(before i moved the computer) but it was still as slow.
My specs are:
-BFG GeForce 9600GT
-AMD Athlon 4600+ Dual core
-3GB 667Mhz RAM
-250GB Hard Disk + 80GB Hard Disk (both 7200RPM)
-USRobotics Wireless PCI Adapter
-Windows Vista 32Bit
Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my PC and how to fix it?
Thanks.