Help needed, secured laptop

themoosieman

Hello, I used to work for a massive blue chip company, durng my time there I was given a IBM T21 Laptop and later a more modern version. When I left they begrudgingly let me keep the older T21 model, however since it was a company laptop,it does not allow any users to add programs or change internet dial up settings or basically allow me to make any changes that I may want to make. What can I do to get it working, would replacing the hardrive work, can I blank the harddrive, could I sell it in this format- or is the computer effectively worthless and useless .

Many thanks,

Bobo

banned
themoosieman said:
What can I do to get it working, would replacing the hardrive work, can I blank the harddrive, could I sell it in this format- or is the computer effectively worthless and useless?

Replacing it or reformatting it should work, maybe a BIOS reset, too.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
however since it was a company laptop,it does not allow any users to add programs or change internet dial up settings or basically allow me to make any changes that I may want to make. What can I do to get it working, would replacing the hardrive work, can I blank the harddrive, could I sell it in this format- or is the computer effectively worthless and useless
You can always reformat the drive ... there should be very little stopping you from doing that unless it was heavily8 modified