***HELP*** NEW 4850x2 No Display!!?? :(

degochapa

Hello, I ordered all my parts for my brand new rig. However, when I power it up, there is no display from my video card!? I tried my GeForce 7600 in the machine and it works fine! My mobo recognizes all my other parts so I was not sure what to do. I sent it back to newegg and requested a new video card, claiming that mine was DoA. However, this new 4850x2 is doing the same thing!! What can this be

Any ideas out there, anything would be helpful

New Comp:
ATI 4850x2
Intel Core i7 920
Corsair 750Watt power supply
x3 Corsair Dominator 2GB Triple Channel RAM
Intel DX58SO MoBo
degochapa is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Make sure the video card is properly seated. If it is then make sure the cable is fully in. You may need a DVI to VGA adapter. If you get that try using that and see if it solves the problem.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Hello, I ordered all my parts for my brand new rig. However, when I power it up, there is no display from my video card!? I tried my GeForce 7600 in the machine and it works fine! My mobo recognizes all my other parts so I was not sure what to do. I sent it back to newegg and requested a new video card, claiming that mine was DoA. However, this new 4850x2 is doing the same thing!! What can this be

Any ideas out there, anything would be helpful

New Comp:
ATI 4850x2
Intel Core i7 920
Corsair 750Watt power supply
x3 Corsair Dominator 2GB Triple Channel RAM
Intel DX58SO MoBo
degochapa is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

You are plugging in both, the 6 and 8 pin PCIe power connectors to the card?