Help! New Box

Genji

Sweet, okay. so i got a new box and everything

Mach Speed PT88AS Mobo
Celeron D 2.93Ghz CPU
Volari V3 128mb graphic card
512mb pc3200 ram
diamond ? 160Gb HDD... and none of it works.

POST is fine. hdd and cd rom show up fine in boot. after that a message "no disk attached" showed.
i disabled sata drive feature in BIOS, since it's pata, so now the message doesn't show but i still get a black screen... nothing else
need help 'cuz nothing i've tried has worked

thank you soooooo much!

ripken2004

well it has to be the hdd, did u make sure that the cables are vry secure? strange that it shows in the bios tho, im not sure what to do with pata but with sata when u install windows u need to load the sata drivers before u install it

when are u getting this error?

Genji

okay.
little beep for the post, yeah.
shows the processor type, yeah.
memory check, all 512mb, yeah.

detects my drives: cd rom with windows xp home setup disc - Master
maxtor diamondmax 10 - brand new - Slave (no jumpers)

I gotta hit F1 'cuz I have my Floppy disconnected
(the message flashed on the screen right after this but after I disabled the "VIA sata function" in my BIOS it stopped showing up)

after that, screen goes black like it's gonna boot.... then doesn't. let it sit for like 20 min. hoping it was just stalling or something but it never boots.

I've tried my old hdd by itself, another maxtor, got nothing.
Set cd rom to boot first and xp setup never happens.
Got an old 4gb western digital, installed a fresh copy of xp on it, tried it by itself... nothing

gonna try installing mobo drivers on my odd hdd

thanks

Genji

I've done everything short of buy a new computer.
anymore ideas?
'cuz I still don't understand why cd-roms won't even boot.

I mean, how do I figure out the problem because it's not like anything in the box is faulty.
all the connections are secure and there are no strange beeps or clicks or explosions.

has this even happened to anyone before? or do I just have reeeally bad luck?

yay! :: sigh ::

Genji

anyone... at all... i used a different ide cable and when i get some disk i'm gonna try a boot disk install of xp but other then that..... anybody...? :: sob tear tear ::