*Help on building a computer*

mikeslimjimlim

New Member
Hi I am new to this forum and I need a lot of help. I have been trying to build my computer for about 2-3 months now and it still hasn’t been working. At first my computer ran well but then it started to screw with me. Since then it has destroyed 3 motherboards that I have been trying to replace it with and there is no success. I am on my 4th motherboard and now when I turn on my computer, the power does not go to my monitor. I am not sure what is wrong could you guys help me. I have run tests on my motherboard, but not my cpu. Any suggestions or hints? I started building this computer without any prior knowledge except for online DIYs and tutorials.

These are the contents of my computer:
Asus P5QPL-AM Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...94&cm_re=asus_p5qpl-am-_-13-131-394-_-Product
Western Digital 500 GB Hard Drive
Intel C2D 2.2 GHz E6400
OZ 2x 1 GB DDR2 667 Sticks
500w Power Supply

Thanks again for your guys help, I really appreciate it
 
Last edited:
um did you mount the mobo right? youve gone through alot of motherboards, you sure your putting it into the case right? did you have pins that went in first?
also which monitor do you have? and where is your graphics card?
 
well actually asus makes very good Mobos, but their quality control, excuse my language, sucks A**H***. i went through 2 mobos while building computers with asus motherboards. the worst are probably the striker series, but all of them lack quality control. When you get that mobo that works though :D asus makes em right.
seriosuly though, change the psu and check the standoffs thats ALOT of motherboards for 1 rig lol
 
oh and for standoffs, sometimes there are built in standoffs, like this
they are raised bumps,

1A-mount_standoffs_full.jpg
 
How did you get that picture in there.

I used to right click - go to properties and cut / paste into . Now a days - I can't get to properties box anymore. It' sbeen the last couple of weeks. I figured it was some copyright changes on both Google and Yahoo. But I wasn't quite sure what was up.

Can you fill me in - I'd like to know how to post pics again.

Gracias
 
^????

if you want to post pics from you computer upload them to
www.tinypic.com

if they are off the internet, copy the url or save the iamge and upload it with tinypic

the put in the tinypic img code
if its from a url
click the image icon and copy in the URL address :D
 
Back
Top