Help Please!

Bap7

Help finding a gaming desktop!

Hello,
I am new to this forum so if this is not the right place to post this, I am sorry.
I am new to desktops so I am asking for your guys' oppinions. I am looking for a gaming desktop that can run modern games like Guild Wars 2, Call of Duty, etc. and a flight simulator (Microsft Flight Sim X). And is prebuilt. My budget is $700. As I have never bought a desktop, much less a gaming desktop, I have no idea what to get. So if you could throw out some suggestions that would be great!
Thanks for your input!

Be Blessed,
Bap7

Last edited:

swchoi89

Hello,
I am new to this forum so if this is not the right place to post this, I am sorry.
I am new to desktops so I am asking for your guys' oppinions. I am looking for a gaming desktop that can run modern games like Guild Wars 2, Call of Duty, etc. and a flight simulator (Microsft Flight Sim X). And is prebuilt. My budget is $700. As I have never bought a desktop, much less a gaming desktop, I have no idea what to get. So if you could throw out some suggestions that would be great!
Thanks for your input!

Be Blessed,
Bap7

Hi,
Are we talking about USD here?

For $700 in USD, I've built several AMD based computers for gaming, and they were fantastic for the price.

CPU: AMD Phenom II series should just do fine, not sure if you'll need the 8 core ones like the FX-8100. That's totally up to you.

GPU: Radeon 6850 or above? 6850 has gotten cheaper by the years by a significant amount and it performs well for the price you will be paying for. If you have the budget, try going up to 7850 or 7870 even.

PSU: You'll probably need 550W ~ 700W, unless you are going to be using dual GPUs at once

I'm no exprt with Intel based, but I do have some experience with AMD rig, and hopefully this helps a bit.