*HELP PLZ* Is this camcorder good?

Since I'm not great with knowing what's good quality with a camcorder, do you think that this is good for making a video?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5291746

The only reason I'm looking at this one is because it's in my budget and it has a USB port which will enable me to upload and edit video on my computer. It'll be used for making videos and backyard wrestling recordings. Please help me with this. Thanks!

Also, do you know if this would need a tape of any kind? If so, please post that also. Thanks again!

Bobo

banned
No, that's not very good quality. It all depends on how good you want it to be.
Video Capture: 640 x 480 - 15 fps | 320 x 240 - 30 fps
Plus, the quality isn't great.

What is your budget?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
It probably wouldn't be horrible, but 15FPS is about half your typical TV FPS. Plus, that's more of a digital camera with a movie option. Trust me, very few digital cameras have movie modes worth using...

youtin

It looks like the cheap camcorder my aunt bought recently (it was an Astone though). It does the basic stuff, but don't expect it to be great/high quality. Since the product description doesn't say anything about internal memory or mini dv/hi-8 tapes, I'm guessing that it uses SD or MMC memory cards. You'd have to buy a 1 or 2 gig memory card to be able to film longer than 30 minutes. For me it's just the equivalent of a digital camera with video function.

easyshare123

Those cams are plactic pieces of cr** I folishly brougt 1 like that off ebay same make last year and well. It was the worst thing i had ever brought.

I personally would stick too top names such as Sony,JVC,Panasonic....

Hope this helps

Dan