Help Serving Media

wiwazevedo

Hi, I have a media server set up at my house running on debian, and I was wondering what I can do about the presentation of files to the clients.

At this point, I have an html page where there are links to the directories where clients can download or stream individual files, but for things such as music and photos, I was wondering how to set it up such that the client can view a directory of photos in a slideshow or at least be able to arrow key through them rather than opening each file individually, and also with music, if the client could play a directory of song files as an album or playlist, or even be able to create playlists with the files.

I was thinking of having it all in the browser, but if a client application is the way to go what should i use?

I can program well enough that I think I could figure out how to write something basic enough in java/javascript but if there is something that exists already I'd be down to check that out. thanks

wiwazevedo

Also, the .mp4 video files i serve end up being rotated 90 degrees after I put them on the storage device, any ideas to why this happens