Help troubleshooting - computer freezes

Vic1234

Hi

I would like some help to find the root cause to why my computer freezes from time to time, latest during Minecraft opened.
I´ve tried looking into Computer Manager / system tool / log book / windows log / system for errors before the critical flag.
Closest to the manual reboot I did are alot of issues connected to source "Netwtw10" with event ID´s 5002, 5005, 5007, 5032.
Earlier, also afew errors from source "Distributed COM" (10010, 10016), and from source "Service Control Manager", 7000/7009.

Any help of how I can troubleshoot, or advice of what might be causing this would be great.

Regards,
Vic

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
How old is your system? Most common problem of a computer freezing is the hard drive starting to fail or something software related. Do you have a lot of programs loading at bootup? I would disable as much as you can and try again. Othewise you might want to do a diagnostic on the hard drive. Does it freeze all the time like either when you are online browsing or just doing things on the pc or both?

Vic1234

Hi

The computer is from april 2021.
I have around 10 activaded apps att startup and inactived afew of them (Battle.net, Steam, One-drive, EpicGamesLauncher) just now. after your advice.
It generaly crashes when I use youtube or play games (online).

The drive diagnostic, is that something I do in the CMD-prompt?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So it doesn't freeze at all when not online? How long has this been happening? If system restore was enabled, you could actually go back to a day that it was working fine and see if works. But normally system restore is enabled by default. To diagnose a hard drive, we first need to find out what brand you have. You can do this by going into device manager and expand disk drives section, you should see a model number(s) listed. You can actually do an SFC /SCANNOW from an elevated command prompt to check for altered/missing system files.

Vic1234

I´m not sure for how long, a couple a months maybe, but maybe not accurate enough to find a good date for a system restore.
I did a SFC scan and it didnt find any "integrity violations".
Disk drive is a "WDC PC SN730 SDBQNTY-512G-1001"

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That is a western digital SSD drive. You would want this to download, install and run.

Vic1234

I installed it and started it.
Firmware is up-to-date
Life remaining: 100% (remaining writes)
Interface speed for capability and connection: Gen3 (4 lanes)
Current temp is 37 °C
Capacity: 407 GB free

Should I change any setting, and should I keep this program always open (will it log any useful information if a freeze occurs) ?

Vic1234

I did that, and there was an update available for the wireless adapter. I downloaded and install that, and the other one aswell.
Hopefully this will help.

1671908833114.png

Vic1234

Hi again.

Unfortunately it didn´t help.
There were a few occasions some days ago where the computer froze again.
I had another one just now, and still with alot "Netwtw10" error messages, and also a NDIS source which seem to be something with Miniport Intel.
(Language is swedish. "Fel"=Error/issue, "Källa"=Source)

1672943158565.png

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You may want to try a different wireless adapter. Or try uninstalling the driver software and then download the fresh driver and try installing that way. It's definitely network related.