[Help] Utility of WLAN card does not support

lnknprkfrevr

I have bought 150M Wireless-N PCI-E Adapter in India for my Windows 7 ult x86 SP1 Desktop . I have put this on my PCI-E slot . The supplied installation driver could not install the wps utility as it does not support this version of windows . But on the pack it is written it supports Win 7. :confused: I still haven't contacted the company on this issue but will be doing it.

So now my problem i cannot wit my mobile devices without the utility . Is there any software that can solve my problem ? ??

Geoff

VIP Member
It may be that you are running Windows 7 64 bit, while it only supports 32 bit. What you can do is go to Start > Control Panel > Device Manager, then you should see a wireless card with a ?, which indicates the driver isn't properly installed. Right click on it and press update driver, then browse to the installation media you have. You may luck out the the driver works, just not the utility. Windows 7 has it's own wireless utility.

lnknprkfrevr

[-0MEGA-];1714348 said:
It may be that you are running Windows 7 64 bit, while it only supports 32 bit. What you can do is go to Start > Control Panel > Device Manager, then you should see a wireless card with a ?, which indicates the driver isn't properly installed. Right click on it and press update driver, then browse to the installation media you have. You may luck out the the driver works, just not the utility. Windows 7 has it's own wireless utility.

Well i am running windows 7 32 bit as i mentioned. And windows update installed Atheros AR9285 driver. Still i have a connection problem.

Geoff

VIP Member
Well i am running windows 7 32 bit as i mentioned. And windows update installed Atheros AR9285 driver. Still i have a connection problem.
You didn't say that before, you edited your OP to include "x86 SP1", when I posted it just said Windows 7.

Now that it installed the driver you should have a wireless icon on your task bar, where you can connect to a network.

lnknprkfrevr

[-0MEGA-];1714357 said:
You didn't say that before, you edited your OP to include "x86 SP1", when I posted it just said Windows 7.

Now that it installed the driver you should have a wireless icon on your task bar, where you can connect to a network.

No i dont see the wireless icon :( Anything else i have to do apart installing drivers ?? Like the WLAN Autoconfig service started automatically, Should I look for something similar ??

And i did not edit the post to add x86 sp1. Anyways, i apologize if i was inaccurate :) Thanks for fast replies . Please continue the same cooperation :)