Help with gaming rig

smernst

New Member
Hi all, please bare with me as I'm new here,

I currently have an iMac with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 XT card and I can run most games on high settings. I want to upgrade and build a new PC gaming setup (windows), that will be able to run new and upcoming games on High / Ultra settings. I'd just like you guys' inputs on this:

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Configurators.aspx?mid=311&t=w&c=16575

My budget is around $1000-$1150 (This price will include a monitor if possible, but if the extra money is required for the computer itself I will do it.). You guys can modify it or it would be really cool if you guys could even set up a whole new computer (on any site you can create a link) for me to use since I am a noob. I just want the best possible gaming rig :D

EDIT: I would like it to use a DX11 compatible card such as the ATI Radeon HD series and I have a brand new Windows XP Pro version

Thanks so much,

Smernst
 
Last edited:
those parts will destroy that prebuilt easy in games etc
the cpu should come with a heatsink\fan and the gel but if your planning on doing anything crazy I would by a seperate one
 
The computer will thoroughly beat the prebuilt one. building your own computer is one the msot rewarding things you can do! If you don't know anything at all about computers, building one will give you so much knowledge.

I would recommend getting an aftermarket heatsink (like a thermalright TRUE) and some decent thermal paste. (Arctic Silver 5 and Shin-Etsu are good)
 
The computer will thoroughly beat the prebuilt one. building your own computer is one the msot rewarding things you can do! If you don't know anything at all about computers, building one will give you so much knowledge.

I would recommend getting an aftermarket heatsink (like a thermalright TRUE) and some decent thermal paste. (Arctic Silver 5 and Shin-Etsu are good)

http://www.crazypc.com/products/true-black-50984.html

would that be the one you're talking about and what mounting, etc hardware should i select with it?

thanks linkin
 
The thing itself comes with an AMD mounting kit, you dont need to select anything different.
If you're going to buy from that site i'd recommend adding Shin Etsu X23 7783D thermal compound, it's great stuff.
 
The thing itself comes with an AMD mounting kit, you dont need to select anything different.
If you're going to buy from that site i'd recommend adding Shin Etsu X23 7783D thermal compound, it's great stuff.

Thanks so much for the help :good: I'm going to buy this setup :)

Smernst
 
Back
Top