Help With Upgrades! :p

Marshall97

New Member
Alright, I know a few things about computers but when it comes to upgrading things I suck....

Ok so heres the Deal, I play WoW (Yes, Laugh at my expense) Since they upgraded their graphics engine My video card struggles with barley any settings on right Now I have a NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Graphics Card. And as a processor, I have an AMD Athlon LE-1640 Processor. I want to be able to run Warcraft with full settings with out lag severely reduced FPS. budget is about up to 500 bucks.

tl;dr: I need to upgrade graphics card and whatever else to make Warcraft Beautiful in all it's *glory* (lol)

Thanks for reading, Marshall! :o
 
I don't know very well either, I got this a week ago and stuck a 2gig ram stick in it so it's 3 gigs of ram.

Ok got it, its a single core 2.6ghz processor. Your rams enough.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115036

get this cpu with the other gpu. For just playing WOW almost anything some what modern will rape it. Idk whats compatible with your mother board though. See im like a no one really smarts on right now so the dumb guy tries to help type thing.
 
Do you know what MB you have? It might be possible to fit an Athlon x2 on it, but I would need the MB model to be able to check.
 
use cpuz
it will tell you all of your hardware

Actually as it comes to graphic cards it doesn't tell you everything. If it does the information is wrong.

For your processor, use CPU-Z, for graphic card - GPU-Z and for everything else, including motherboard, HDD and RAM - Everest Ultimate Edition
 
Actually as it comes to graphic cards it doesn't tell you everything. If it does the information is wrong.

For your processor, use CPU-Z, for graphic card - GPU-Z and for everything else, including motherboard, HDD and RAM - Everest Ultimate Edition

cpuz tells you your graphics and im pretty sure its not wrong it matchs what catalyst says
 
Do you know what MB you have? It might be possible to fit an Athlon x2 on it, but I would need the MB model to be able to check.

Ok I downloaded it and here are the specs.
Mainboard : OEM_MB IVY8
Chipset : nVidia 6100V
Processor : AMD Athlon 64 LE 1640 @ 2700 MHz
Physical Memory : 3072 MB
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Hard Disk : ST325031 (250 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653Q SCSI CdRom Device
Monitor Type : LG Electronics W1952 - 19 inches
Operating System : Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium Home Edition 6.00.6002 Service Pack 2
DirectX : Version 11.00
Windows Performance Index : 3.0
 
Ok I downloaded it and here are the specs.
Mainboard : OEM_MB IVY8
Chipset : nVidia 6100V
Processor : AMD Athlon 64 LE 1640 @ 2700 MHz
Physical Memory : 3072 MB
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Hard Disk : ST325031 (250 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653Q SCSI CdRom Device
Monitor Type : LG Electronics W1952 - 19 inches
Operating System : Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium Home Edition 6.00.6002 Service Pack 2
DirectX : Version 11.00
Windows Performance Index : 3.0

CPU Support:

* Socket: AM2
* Supports the following processors:
o Athlon 64 up to 3800+
o Athlon 64 X2 with Dual Core technology up to 4800+ (up to 65 watt TDP)
o Sempron - All

Specifications Here

While it is listed as an Asus board you won't find anything on the Asus site about it. Being an HP board you will be somewhat limited in what you can support. If you upgrade the CPU be sure that the one you get follows the info listed above as it will not support Athlon 64 x2 above 65 watts 4800+. I'm also pretty sure that the BIOS overclock features are disabled or non-existent.
 
CPU Support:

* Socket: AM2
* Supports the following processors:
o Athlon 64 up to 3800+
o Athlon 64 X2 with Dual Core technology up to 4800+ (up to 65 watt TDP)
o Sempron - All

Specifications Here

While it is listed as an Asus board you won't find anything on the Asus site about it. Being an HP board you will be somewhat limited in what you can support. If you upgrade the CPU be sure that the one you get follows the info listed above as it will not support Athlon 64 x2 above 65 watts 4800+. I'm also pretty sure that the BIOS overclock features are disabled or non-existent.

Ok, I see. So, I should upgrade my Motherboard CPU and Graphics Card. But why upgrade that stuff and instead just get a new Graphics card, Since I'm kinda non-Computer-Hardware-Upgrades-Savvy.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top