Help With Upgrading My Computer

TruthOfSeafood

Right now my computer is unable to play most of the newer games on the market. I want to upgrade my computer so it is a decent gaming computer that is capable of handling these higher end games. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions of what parts I need to upgrade on my computer to fufill these games' requirements and to have a good computer.

Right now my specs are:
Motherboad- Asus A7N8X-X NForce 2 chipset
CPU- AMD Athlon 2500+ XP
Memory- 256 MB
Video Card- GeForce 4 MX440

Im not really sure on what parts are worth keeping and what I need to upgrade.
Thanks for Your Help! :D

kof2000

do you really need to change the whole computer? either that or you can just upgrade the ram and the video card.

maybe 512-1gb ram and a decent card like a 9800xt or a 6600gt-6800gt

is it agp slot?

TruthOfSeafood

Yah the motherboard has an agp slot. I didn't think I needed to upgrade the whole thing as I had heard the 2500+ was a pretty decent CPU, but I didn't know if it and the motherboard were outdated or anything.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
2500+ is more than capable of playing most newer games, i would agree with KOF and suggest you simply upgrade your RAM and graphics card. CPU upgrade is not really needed at this stage and your mobo is fine too.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah for sure on the videocard but also note that a newer videocard may require a beefier (i.e., newer) power supply too :)