Help!

Bigshow1030

I will be purchasing a webcam for the first time and I want to go with the best......What can you guys give me as the best choice?
Thanks,

Bigshow1030

thnx

what i am doing is trying to find a webcam that will give me the best quality like a camcorder would and so on :)

Bigshow1030

quality would be what I am going for hands-down.....I have seen some of the webcams on the market adn I am telling you, some are terrible :(

tweaker

VIP Member
Yes Logitech makes some of the best webcams imo.
Just make sure it manage 30pics/sec with at least 640x480 (800x600 preferable)

Quality is one thing, but you must have a big enough bandwidth on your internet connection to get smooth video. (Assuming you'll be using it in cam sessions over the web and not as an offline cam).

Btw heres what I use, it's actually a surveillance camera. lol
I connect it using s-vhs to a video in card in my pc and power it from a 220V wall outlet.
teeth.gif

Last edited:

Bigshow1030

awesome

just out of pure curiosity what does that run in US dollars......also, would regular phone dsl have a good enough bandwidth for what you are saying? :)

tweaker

VIP Member
I bought this cam a few years back for a whole other purpose than this, they are quite pricy.

Most dsl services should be capable of making your cam sessions smooth.

Bigshow1030

thanks

but for the money I am looking to spend logitech is the way to go huh? Alright, I am going to start there and see if I am happy.... :p