HELPPPPPP-The Sims 2/Directx 9.0c problems

Lorilei16

Hi everyone, this is a very frustrating problem, I just bought The Sims 2 and I was very excited to play it. I emptied out most of my C drive into my D drive so I would have enough room to install the game. After I finally did that the game downloaded and when I tried to start playing it I got the following message:

"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system. Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest Drivers provided by the manufacturer."

I went on the EA tech support site and did what they said, and now I can only play the game in a SMALL screen and its slow and choppy. I tried downloading other drivers that they said were compatible and they dont work... I'm so confused and I realllllyyy need help, I paid over 70 dollars for the game and the book, please help!!! :confused:

ZER0X

VIP Member
Do exactly what the error tells you, update your GFX drivers, or if you don't have a good GFX card, get one.

ZER0X

VIP Member
A Graphics card (GFX CARD) If you can play the sims2 even in a little screen it means you have a Graphics card, or even Intergrated Graphics(Which is bad) im thinking maybe you should get Directx 9.0cHERE

And if you wanted a Graphics card, you can get one from a computer store. :)

Lorilei16

Thanks sooo much for helping me out, but the game already instaleld directx 9.0c on my cpu and i have it. Is there anywhere I can download a graphics card for free? and if not where can I buy one and how much... Thanks again :)

ZER0X

VIP Member
A Graphics card is nothing you can download, it's a card you put inside you computer to be able to play games smoother, just makes your graphics great. Graphics cards can be expensive but also farely cheap.

Older Graphics cards are like Radeon 9200, Geforce 4 (Thats the name of the Cards) they range from $90 dollars to $150 but thats in Australia

And newer Graphics card are Radeon 9600, Radeon 9800, Geforce 6600, geforce 6800 there pretty expensive between $200-$400 or even more(THERE JUST A FEW OF TONS OF GRAPHICS CARDS)
But before you go spilling the cash, You should check the options in the games, like screen resolution or Video options, things like that, and try and fix it..... But if all else fails and it still isn't working, consider getting a Graphics card. :) you can get them from any computer store..... Well I'd wanna hope so :D

Silo

Same Problem....Sims 2

Hey,
My girlfriend just bought the sims 2. It worked fine on my laptop (other than slowing it down to the point that I had to uninstall it). But when I went to install it on her comp I realized she didnt have a DVD drive. Fun. So she went out and spent another 50 bux on a dvd drive for her comp. Now it's still not working and she's all pissed. I keep getting that same directx 9.0c message.
I've spent hours downloading different versions of directx and all that jazz.
Now I'd hate for her to have to spend more money on getting a better graphics card. After all, we're not made of money. So has anyone found a solution to this plague of a Sims problem? If so please let us know via email.
[email protected] Thanks, and if we do need a new graphics card, kindly break the news gently...... :mad:
-Silo

Silo

Hey everyone, if you're getting the directx 9.0c error, I found the needed graphics cards on ebay for cheap. ATI Radeon 7200 32mb and the NVIDIA GeForce2.

Last edited:

ZER0X

VIP Member
Silo said:
Hey everyone, if you're getting the directx 9.0c error, I found the needed graphics cards on ebay for cheap. ATI Radeon 7200 32mb and the NVIDIA GeForce2.

Umm the Radeon 7200 32mb and the NVIDIA GeForce2 are very old I suggest WAY! higher than that :confused: EG ATLEAST Radeon 9200 but higher would be better :cool: EG Radeon 9600, 9800

Thanks sooo much for helping me out, but the game already instaleld directx 9.0c on my cpu and i have it. Is there anywhere I can download a graphics card for free? and if not where can I buy one and how much... Thanks again :)

hey am having same promblem i play it last week and it worked and now it wont and it doing my head it in ive tried 100 times
and i played it last week what going on :mad::confused::eek:

chibicitiberiu

You need a good video card (if you don't have) and latest video drivers.
Also try updating DirectX 9.0c to the latest version (now latest version is July i think), because microsoft doesn't change the c any more to d, but it's by date.