Hijack log from my post yesterday, please help

Buzz1927

Digaredd
Cardiff, unfortunately.
This sound thing hasn't got anything to do with what we've done, quite strange, does a video play just without sound?

Run Hijackthis and select "Do a system scan only", place a check by the following entries.

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winexy32 - winexy32.dll (file missing)

Close all open windows and browsers, and hit "Fix Checked".

Restart and check that it's gone, I don't need to see another log.

Buzz1927

Digaredd
How odd, this kind of thing really isn't my area tho. You could try reinstalling i-tunes, see if that sorts it. Other than that, start a new thread in the sound cards section, I'm sure someone will have some ideas.

Buzz1927

Digaredd
Possibly, but it might also bring back the crap that got you here in the first place. If you can remember when you got this crap, and go back further to restore, it might work. Just seems really weird, you got sound on streams but nothing else.

2narmy

buzz, you have been a great help, i am gonna post in the sound section, then i might do a system restore, i do know when the hijack happened so i can go way before that if it will let me, when i tried to do a system restore first it would,nt do the changes.

thanks again

chris

Buzz1927

Digaredd
System restore has never worked on my comp, it just goes through the loading and then says it can't do it :mad: Anyhow, best of luck in the football, might be playing Cardiff next season :D

2narmy

the system restore will not go back for some reason, i tried to go back to the begining of decmber before the hijack, but it won't.

i will keep trying

Chris

Buzz1927

Digaredd
Stupid bloody system restore, it doesn't even work on the VM's I've got. And go and edit your post in the sound section (before someone else asks) and give the specs of your comp, what make of soundcard, speakers, etc.